Software Information for Staff
The Combined Higher Education Software Team, CHEST project negotiates special deals for the purchasing and licensing of software for third level educational institutions. Software manufacturers and suppliers offer special prices because of the cost-saving they achieve through bulk purchases and the reduction in paperwork. Following is a list of software currently available through CHEST deals. To log a call for software requests go to http://servicedesk.ucc.ie select IT Requests and "I would like to request software".
Site Licensed Software for Staff
- Endnote - Reference Management Software -Windows, Mac OS
- F-Secure - Antivirus Software - Windows
- Microsoft Office Professional - Suite of Productivity Applications - Windows, Mac OS
- Minitab - Statistical Software - Windows
- NVivo - Qualitative Statistical Software - Windows, Mac OS
- SAS - Statisical Analythics Software - Windows
- SPSS - Statistical Software - Windows, Mac OS
- Amos - Statisical Software - Windows, Mac OS
- Inspiration - Visual Mapping Software - Windows
- Claro Read Pro - Electronic Reading Software - Windows
- Audio Notetaker - Note taking Software - Windows
- Google Chrome Browser
- Adobe Reader
How can I get this software?
All site licensed software plus additional software listed above is available through our Software Center Catalogue. To install the software go to the Windows start button, search for Software Center and open the program. Select the software you want and click install.
Please Note: Software Center Catalogue is only available when you are connected to the UCC wired network and using a Windows OS.
To access this software on a Mac machine:
- Click "Go" on the top menu bar
- Select "Connect to Server"
- In the Server Address enter smb://ad.ucc.ie/cmfiles/Software Click Connect
- Select registered user and enter your domain credentials (Central\username and your UCC password)
- Select "Software" from the list and open the relevant folder and run the installer.
I'm having trouble, how can I get assistance?
To log a call for Software Requests go to http://servicedesk.ucc.ie select IT Requests and "I would like to request software".
MS Office for Home Use
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is now available to Faculty and Staff at no cost to you! Office 365 ProPlus includes Office for the iPad and the Microsoft Office Suite for your personally-owned computers.
To access your Office 365 Pro Plus subscription, log in to your Office 365 Account at
For more information on Office 365 please go to:
Mathematica is available for SEFs staff and students only. To avail of this software as a SEFs staff member you sign up through the Wolfram Portal here
Additional Software other than those listed above are available on the Standard Select Agreement. This is paid for via Purchase Order made payable to Micromail Ltd. To get a quote email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: MS Project and Microsoft Server products are not available on the Microsoft Campus Licence but may be purchased at reduced Select Scheme prices.
Software Installed on Replacement PC
Replacement PCs purchased through the IT Services department will have a standard image installed on them which includes the currently supported version of Windows Operating System and MS Office and the latest version of anti-virus.
Any additional software that was installed on your old PC (e.g. Adobe Writer or SPSS) will have to be installed again as only files and folders can be transferred between PCs.
If the additional software has been purchased by you, then you will be required to provide the installation media and product keys from time of purchase in order to install it on your replacement PC.
Software Information for Students
Discounted software packages such as Mircrosoft Office are avaialble to UCC registered students. Details can be found on the SIT website.
Summary: The Combined Higher Education Software Team, "CHEST" project negotiates special deals for the purchasing and licensing of software for third level educational institutions.
Primary users of this service: Staff, Researchers, Student
Who to contact to use this service: E: email@example.com | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Deirdre O'Keeffe | E: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services