Summary: SharePoint allows you to collaborate and share documents and ideas with both colleagues and external users.
Primary users of this service: Researchers, Staff, Student
Who to contact to use this service: E: email@example.com | T: 021 490 2120 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Christopher McElligott | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | IT Services |
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services
SharePoint is a collaboration tool that can help you organise and share your data in a single location.
It also gives you direct control over who has access to your site and what level of access that they have.
Any user with a valid UCC Office 365 account can set up a SharePoint site by clicking the SharePoint App on the Office 365 portal (www.ucc.ie/o365)
With SharePoint, you can:
- Build internal sites and create pages, document libraries and lists.
- Show important visuals, news and updates with a team or communication site.
- Sync and store your files in the cloud so anyone can securely work with you.
- Share content with UCC colleagues and external users*
Each SharePoint site has a storage quota of 25000GB.
For a quick overview of SharePoint, click here
For instructions on how to create your own site click here
If you wish to discuss how SharePoint could be used a solution to meet your sharing and collaboration requirements, please email email@example.com with a brief outline of your requirements,
* External users may require a Microsoft Account to obtain access to your site. You should add them to your SharePoint site, with the email address that is linked to the Microsoft Account that they have created. For more information on setting up a Microsoft account please click here.