About Managed Print Service
The Managed Print Service provides printing, copying and scanning in UCC. It is a user-friendly, secure, efficient service that aims to minimise both cost and environmental impact. It gives effect to the University’s Sustainable Managed Print Policy.
Print jobs are not printed immediately but are only printed when the user “releases” them at a printer in order to minimise waste and maximise security.
The Managed Print Service is provided by Cantec Ltd. (www.cantecireland.ie) who are the University’s sole supplier for printing and copying.
Managed Print FAQ
- How does the Managed Print Service operate?
- There is a Managed Print Service printer/copier in my department. How do I print to it?
- Can I copy and scan at Managed Print Service multifunction devices?
- How do I obtain Managed Print Services for my department?
- What does the Managed Print Service cost?
- A Managed Print Service printer in my department is not working, who should I contact?
- What print and paper formats are available?
- Can I submit print jobs from my phone, tablet or other device?
- What is UCC’s Sustainable Print Management Policy?
- When you select “Print” at your computer, the print job does not print immediately but is stored on a central printing system, ready to print.
- You can then walk up to any printer, present your UCC ID card and select “Secure Print” on the printer’s screen.
- A list of the print jobs you have submitted will be displayed:
- You can then select any print jobs that you wish to print, select “Print + Delete” and they will be printed immediately.
- Click on this link: \\studprnt-svr02.central.ad.ucc.ie
- Double-click on UNIFLOW-COLOUR printer icon and wait for it to install.
- Close the UNIFLOW-COLOUR window that appears.
- Double-click on UNIFLOW-MONO printer icon and wait for it to install.
- On the UNIFLOW-MONO window that appears, click “Printer” and select “Set As Default Printer” from the menu.
- Download and follow the direction is the file Instructions for printing from a MAC
To copy: Present your ID card at the multifunction device and select “Copy” from the touchscreen
To Scan: Present your ID card at the multifunction device and select “Scan and Send” from the touchscreen. You can then scan a document which will be emailed to you.
Contact Cantec ltd at 051 337012 or email@example.com
Cantec will then visit your site to discuss your printing requirements and how best to fulfil them as well as conducting a site survey to identify suitable locations for devices.
The lead time, following this visit, to delivery and configuration of the device will be 2 – 4 weeks.
Printing and copying are charged for per page. A page is a side of a sheet of paper so one sheet, with printing on both sides, is 2 pages. The price includes toner and all other consumables but does not include paper which is to be provided by the department.
The costs, per page, for printing and copying are:
A4 black and white €0.0078
A4 colour €0.0371
A3 black and white €0.0078
A3 colour €0.0371
Invoices are issued electronically by Cantec, directly to your department, at the end of every quarter.
Contact Cantec Ltd at 051 337012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- black and white
The paper size used is set in the application that you are printing from (usually in the “File, Print”/ Ctrl-P dialogue).
- Print jobs sent to the UNIFLOW-MONO printer are printed in black and white by default.
- Print jobs sent to the to the UNIFLOW-COLOUR printer are printed in colour by default.
It is however possible to change whether your print job is printed in colour or black and white at the printer when you are releasing it by selecting the print job and touching “Options” at the bottom of the screen.
Yes, you can submit documents to print from any internet connected device by logging in at https://uprint.ucc.ie/ with your UCC credentials and uploading the documents you want to print.
The Sustainable Print Management Policy is the basis for the operation of printing and copying in UCC. It aims to provide a top quality, secure service while controlling both environmental impact and cost.
This will be achieved by replacing, over time, smaller less efficient print/copy devices with larger, shared, centrally managed devices obtained through a competitively priced service that provides all of the University’s printing requirements.
The Sustainable Print Management Policy is available to download from the Procurement and Contracts Office website: https://www.ucc.ie/en/procurement/procurementpoliciesandprocedures/
Managed Print Service
Summary: The Managed Print Service provides printing, copying and scanning in UCC.
Primary users of this service: Staff, Student
Who to contact to use this service: T: +353 (021) 490 2120 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: IT Services |
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services