We are constantly updating our FAQs and how-to guides. If there is something you think is worth documenting or if your query is not listed below, please call us on +353 (0)21 490 2120 or email us at email@example.com, and we will add it to our repository.
What operating systems are supported in the Helpdesk?
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Google Android
What software services are supported in the Helpdesk?
- F-secure Antivirus
- UCC Email (desktop Outlook and Outlook Web Access)
- Campus wireless access, Eduroam, Edugate
- User accounts and password resets
- Desktop/laptop lifecycle management (PC purchases)
How do I find my IP address?
For Windows devices, it should be on your desktop background.
How do I back up and restore my data?
How do I change my email password in Outlook Web Access (OWA)?
How can I save Outlook email to my computer (PST files)
- Creating A PST file in Outlook 2010 (3,053kB)
- Creating or Opening PST Files in Outlook 2007 (50kB)
- How to back up .pst file data that is located on a Microsoft Exchange Server (49kB)
- How to export .pst file data (44kB)
- How to find a PST file (51kB)
- How to import .pst file data into Outlook. (48kB)
- How to make a backup copy of a .pst file (53kB)
- How to transfer Outlook data from one computer to another computer. (48kB)
What is SPAM?
Spam is the name by which unsolicited junk emails are known. They are the equivalent of unwanted marketing letters or junk mail that you get in the post. In UCC, emails pass through spam identification software in order to identify as best as possible what email is junk. In UCC the software used for this is called SpamAssassin.