Visio Web App
Visio is now available for free as part of Microsoft 365. It is a "lightweight" version of the tool which will allow users to create, edit, and share professional diagrams.
IMPORTANT: The “lightweight” version is available only though the online web portal, if you require the Visio client or the full set of features you will need to purchase a licence.
To access the Visio web app go to the URL: https://www.office.com/launch/visio
Installing Visio as a Progressive Web App on Windows
It is possible to add the Visio as a web app with certain web browsers, such as the latest versions of Microsoft Edge. This will allow you to add shortcuts to the Start Menu, Taskbar and Desktop, thereby allowing quick access to the Visio web app.
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser
- Go to the Visio Web App in the web browser - https://www.office.com/launch/visio?auth=2
- Go to the Settings Menu (...) towards the top right of the browser window and then on the Apps submenu select Install Office
- In the popup window that opens select the Install button
- In the final popup window select the appropriate options on what shortcuts to create and then select Allow.
Advanced Versions of Visio
If the free “lightweight” version is not sufficient you can purchase a licence for the “advanced” versions of Visio. Depending on your needs Visio Plan 1 or Visio Plan 2 may be required:
- Visio Plan 1 is a web only version of Visio with the advanced capabilities.
- Visio Plan 2 is a client version that can be installed on your Windows computer with Microsoft Apps for Enterprise (formerly known as the Office 365 Professional)
Note: If your Windows computer is running a version of Office 2016 Professional or earlier then you will be required to upgrade to the latest version of the Microsoft Apps for Enterprise if you wish to install the client offered as part of the Visio Plan 2 subscription.
Summary: Visio helps you visually communicate complex information from multiple data sources by creating professional flow charts, timelines, process maps, organisational charts, and more.
Primary users of this service: Staff
Who to contact to use this service: E: email@example.com | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service:
Strategic Focus: Business Systems