About the Scholarships
The Government of Ireland and the College of Business and Law, University College Cork are delighted to offer one full scholarships for an Indian Student for a one year Masters by Research commencing in September / October 2017.
The Scholarship includes fees and €10,000 euro towards living expenses.
Note: The successful scholar will need €3,000 minimum extra for living expenses in Ireland
How to Apply
Criteria for Applying
- Indian nationality
- Hold a relevant undergraduate degree from an Indian University with a minimum equivalent result of Second Class Honours. Please see https://www.ucc.ie/en/international/studyatucc/postgraduateprogrammes/taughtprogrammes/ for details relating to equivalency.
- English language certificate: TOEFL IBT 90 or IELTS 6.5 or CAE grade B or equivalent – see details of Postgraduate English Language Requirements.
- 2 academic references and a personal statement and video.
How to Apply
You need to upload your documents along with a personal statement that includes a link to a 2-minute video you create (online on vimeo, youtube or other) outlining your academic background, interests and reasons for applying for the Programme and your long-term interest and how you will promote links with Ireland in the future.
Note: When you apply you will be asked to pay a €50 application fee online and can choose 3 programmes to be considered for.
Closing Dates for Application: 15 July for Masters by Research: MSc or LLM
Note: For a Masters by Research or PhD you will need agreement for supervision in UCC. In order to identify a relevant subject supervisor please enquire as follows:-
- Accounting and Finance – Prof Mark Hutchinson email@example.com cc Ms Maire Kavanagh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Information Systems, - Prof Joe Feller email@example.com cc Ms Patricia Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economics, Prof Niall O’Sullivan email@example.com cc Ms Mary Maguire firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Business Prof Thia Hennessy Thia.Hennessy@ucc.ie cc Ms Catherine Maguire email@example.com
- Rural and International Development (as for Food Business)
- Management and Marketing Prof Anthony McDonnell firstname.lastname@example.org cc Ms Olivia Frawley O.Frawley@ucc.ie
Re LLM – Dr Conor O’Mahony email@example.com cc Ms Mags Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org and Michelle Corrigan email@example.com
It is important that you contact the relevant individuals within the research discipline as soon as possible as it is not possible to progress consideration of applications without an appropriate supervisor being identified and agreed,
College of Business and Law – (Masters by Research)
CKM 31 - LLM
CKM03 Management Information Systems
CKM09 Food Business and Development
CKM 13 Management and Marketing
Further information contact