About the Scholarships
The Government of Ireland and University College Cork are delighted to offer two full scholarships for Brazilian Students for a one year Masters, Masters by Research or year 1 of a PhD, commencing in September / October 2017.
The Scholarship includes fees and €10,000 euro towards living expenses.
Note: The successful scholar will need €3,000 minimum extra for living expenses in Ireland
Criteria for Applying
- Brazilian nationality
- Hold a relevant undergraduate degree from a Brazilian University with an 8/10 overall result
- English language certificate: TOEFL IBT 90 or IELTS 6.5 or CAE grade B or equivalent – see details of Postgraduate English Language Requirements.
- 2 academic references and a personal statement and video.
How to Apply
You need to upload your documents along with a personal statement that includes a link to a 2-minute video you create (online on vimeo, youtube or other) outlining your academic background, interests and reasons for applying for the programme and your long-term interest and how you will promote links with Ireland in the future.
Note: When you apply you will be asked to pay a €50 application fee online and can choose 3 programmes to be considered for.
Closing Dates for Application: 15 June 2017 for MA, MPH, MSc or MPDH and 15 July for Masters by Research (MRes), LLM or PhD
Note: For a Masters by Research or PhD you will need agreement for supervision in UCC
College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences:
- MA in Sociology of Development and Globalisation- CKe56
- MA in Contemporary Religions- CKe06
- MA in Women’s Studies- CKe03
- Year 1 of PhD in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences
College of Medicine and Health:
College of Science, Engineering and Food Science - MRes (Master by Research):
- MRes in Biochemistry & Cell Biology– CKS80
- MRes in Animal & Plant Sciences– CKS81
- MRes in Environmental Sciences– CKS83
- MRes in Geological Sciences– CKS82
College of Business and Law – (Masters by Research)
Further information contact