Erasmus Work Placements
The Erasmus+ programme enables students to spend a placement period between 2 months and 12 months in an enterprise or organisation in another EU participating country as part of a degree course.
Student 'placement' is an alternative term to the widely used term 'traineeship' or 'internship'.
- To help students to adapt to the requirements of the EU-wide labour market
- To enable students to develop specific skills including language skills and to improve understanding of the economic and social culture of the country concerned in the context of acquiring work experience
- To promote cooperation between higher education institutions and enterprises
- To contribute to the development of a pool of well-qualified, open-minded and internationally experienced young people as future professionals
- Full-time registered UCC students who are carrying out a full-time placement that will be recognised as a part of the student’s programme
- Students can do a placement between 2 and 12 months.
The period of mobility abroad may be interrupted by the enterprise holidays if the enterprise is closed during this period. The grant is maintained during this period. The closure period does not count towards the minimum duration of a placement period.
- Host organisations for student placements may be enterprises, training centres, research centres and other organisations.
- An eligible organisation is one that is involved in economic activities in the public or private sector. It can be any size, and can operate in any economic sector, including the social economy.
- Students will receive full recognition from UCC for the period spent abroad as agreed in the Learning Agreement. Recognition shall be based on the training agreement approved by all parties before the period of mobility starts.
- Credit for, or recognition of placement undertaken by the student at the host enterprise may be withheld only if the student fails to achieve the level of academic/professional attainment required by the host enterprise or otherwise fails to satisfy the agreed conditions required by the participating institutions for recognition.
- Students who complete a full-time work placement within the EU as part of their degree programme at UCC are entitled to receive the Erasmus grant. The grant is a contribution to covering the additional costs of a placement abroad. The grant is allocated on the basis of the number of days completed. 1 month = 30 days. It is not intended to cover the full costs of the period abroad.
- The Erasmus Grant will be paid in instalments (2 or 3 depending on length of placement). The first instalment (generally 70% of the total grant) will be paid before the student travels (provided that all the required documents are submitted at least four weeks before departure).
Students are required to complete and submit the following Work Placement/Traineeships Forms to the International Office at least one month before the start of placement.
Please email Clare Murphy, Erasmus Coordinator, International Office for the up-to-date application forms and information. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Erasmus team.
Ms. Clare Murphy
Phone: +353 21 4904726
|Fax: +353 21 4904735|