George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship
The scholarship was established in 1998 to honour George Mitchell’s role in the Northern Ireland peace process.
A UCC student will have the opportunity to spend the 2017/2018 academic year at an institution in the University of Maine System. Programmes offered by the University of Maine include:
- Business, Public Policy and Health
- Education and Human Development
- Engineering Technology
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Natural Sciences, Forestry & Agriculture
To qualify for a scholarship a student must
- be at least 18 years of age
- be registered full time and have completed at least one full year
- have a record of high academic achievement
- have demonstrated leadership abilities and a commitment to community service
Students who are immediate graduates of UCC are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The successful candidates will receive remission of tuition and academic fees and free room and board.
The application form can be downloaded here: George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship Application Form 2017/2018