Pilots and Research
Ally for Canvas Pilot
Inclusive UCC is delighted to announce the procurement of the Blackboard Ally software for Canvas. This tool scans all content in a Canvas course for accessibility issues and produces an 'Accessibility Score'. Specific instructions on how to remediate this score for each piece of content are provided.
Over the summer 2022, four student interns remediated content across 20 modules in the College of Business and Law. We would now like to hand over to you to test this software once more, before rolling it out site-wide in Semester Two.
The goals of this pilot are as follows:
- Familiarise Instructional Designers and a cohort of teaching staff with the Blackboard Ally tool, prior to its general release.
- Source staff to champion the Blackboard Ally tool.
- Test the Blackboard Ally tool across different disciplines.
- Report on common and discipline-specific issues that arise.
- Gather feedback on the level of support needed for the general release of Ally.
- Develop training materials based on the learnings from this pilot.
Support will be provided to teaching staff from the Inclusive UCC Instructional Designer and Student Help colleagues. You can read more about the previous pilot and how the Phase 2 Pilot will be supported, by downloading the document in the link box below.