IGNITE Wins National European Enterprise Promotion Award 2016
The IGNITE Graduate Business Innovation Programme was recently named as Irish National European Enterprise Promotion Award Winner 2016.
The European Enterprise Promotion Awards (EEPA) are an initiative by the EU Commission to promote entrepreneurship and small business at the national, regional and local level. The competition rewards the most imaginative and successful initiatives from public bodies and public-private partnerships which support entrepreneurship, and small and medium sized enterprises across six categories:
• Promoting the Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Investing in Entrepreneurial Skills
• Improving the Business Environment
• Supporting the Internationalisation of Business
• Supporting the Development of Green Markets and Resource Efficiency
• Responsible and Inclusive Entrepreneurship
This year, over 343 National EEPA entries were received from 31 participating countries. IGNITE was one of 57 National Awards Winners to be put forward to the European level of the competition. 18 projects will be shortlisted for judging by the awards jury and winners will be announced at the 2016 awards ceremony held during the SME Assembly 2016 in Bratislava from 23rd – 25th November.