IGNITE 2014's ten start-ups go head to head in this year's Showcase and Awards Night.
This year's IGNITE Graduate Business Innovation Programme Awards and Showcase will celebrate the progress and achievements to date of ten graduate led start-ups and mark an important milestone with the completion of the fourth phase of the programme.
Five Awards will be presented at the annual Awards & Showcase on Weds. 25th June 2014 based on the judgement of four experienced business people and with the generous support of our three Awards sponsors in UCC's Aula Maxima.
1. Bank of Ireland/IGNITE Business of the Year 2014 This Award will be presented to the individual(s) who, in the opinion of the judges, has best demonstrated the potential to build a business that will achieve growth and create sustainable employment.
2. EY/IGNITE Business Plan of the Year 2014 This Award will be presented to the individual(s) who, in the opinion of the judges, presents the best written business plan.
3. JW O’Donovan Solicitors/IGNITE Innovation of the Year 2014 This Award will be presented to the individual(s) who, in the opinion of the judges, demonstrates the most innovative use of technology to deliver the product or service.
4. IGNITE Best Showcase 2014 This Award will be presented to the individual(s) who, in the opinion of the judges, presents the most effective Showcase display.
5. IGNITE Peer Award 2014 This Award will be presented to the individual(s) who, in the opinion of their peers, has most demonstrated a spirit of cooperation, leadership and entrepreneurial ability throughout the Programme.
Four awards will be made based on presentations to the judging panel on Tuesday 24th June at the Board Room at Bank of Ireland’s Regional Headquarters at 32 South Mall.
The adjudication panel includes:
▪ Diarmuid Lynch, Area Manager, Bank of Ireland (Chair)
▪ Gillian Keating, Partner, JW O’Donovan
▪ Seamus Downey, Taxation Director, Ernst & Young
▪ Declan O’Mahoney, CEO, HeartSine Technologies Ltd
The all important IGNITE Peer Award 2014 will be voted on by the IGNITE 2014 participants.
Past winners of IGNITE Business Awards have included Dr Sinead Doherty of AnaBio Technologies Ltd., Eoin O'Carroll & Kevin Bambury of Portable Medical Technology Ltd and Mike McGrath of supply.ie. Other Awards winners include Brendan Finucane of VConnecta Ltd., and Declan Gordon of Mohago Ltd.
The IGNITE Graduate Business Innovation Programme is funded by Cork City Council, Cork County Council, the Local Enterprise Offices of Cork City and County and Bank of Ireland.
IGNITE 2014 Awards and Showcase begins at 6.00pm in Aula Maxima, UCC on Wednesday 25th June.