Short Course in Translation Skills
- This course will examine the translation of various different types of texts, such as reports, literature, directions, school books, pamphlets, signs etc.
- Grammar points in relation to translation will be looked at. There will be a study of An Caighdeán Oifigiúil and focus will be placed on any changes that have been made recently to the official standard.
- Editing skills will be taught.
- Styles will be discussed, for example, Anglicism.
- Various different sources which are available to translators will be examined. Special emphasis will be placed on online sources (tearma.ie and focloir.ie).
- Participants are not required to have any past experience in the field of translation but a high standard of written and spoken Irish will be essential.
Course Details - Spring 2022
Length of Course: 7 weeks (14 hours).
Start Date: Monday 21st February 2022 (every Monday until the 4th April 2022).
Time: 5pm - 7pm.
Room: ORB G.01, O'Rahilly Building, UCC.
€70 (€50 reduced rate)
To register for this course please email email@example.com or call (021) 490 3105.
Brian Ó Donnchadha,