The IERG/IERC EMWiNS project aims to systematically develop a tool to support the embedded monitoring and fault isolation that forms the basis for automated continuous commissioning of HVAC systems in buildings. This tool will be deployed in a wireless monitoring and control (sensor/actuator) network.
In order to achieve this aim, the project will develop:
- A model based diagnostics system to incorporate residual analysis and fault isolation for continuous-valued inputs from building systems data.
- Simulation of Fault Detection and Diagnostics (FDD) “what if” scenarios to isolate faults in the WSAN and building components;
- Wireless sensor/actuator network(WSAN) design, deployment and network-monitoring tool;
- Generation and execution of embedded code from Lydia models on the CIT OFM middleware platform deployed in a suitable building test-bed
- Parameter-updating of WSAN and diagnostic algorithms using life building performance data extracted through the OFM middleware in order to maintain the building energy consumption at design-intent levels.
- Reduced order HVAC models that consider fault detection.