UCC encourages a reduction in smoking on campus through the enforcement of existing policies and by providing national support resources to help employees quit.
UCC’s No Smoking Policy: click here to view policy
UCC’s Smoking Restrictions Policy: click here to view policy
To get help with quitting for good, the HSE has a Workshop on Cessation available HERE or you can contact:
Freephone 1800 201 203 / Freetext QUIT to 50100
Not sure if you want to kick your smoking habits? Some of the most common reasons that people might want to quit smoking are listed below. How many apply to you and what you might want for a healthier lifestyle?
- To improve your health and reduce risk of life threatening diseases.
- To enjoy a better quality of life, to be fitter and healthier.
- To be a better role model for your family and friends.
- To have more money in your pocket.
- To regain control over your life – smoking won’t dictate your daily routine.
- To improve your image, have better skin, teeth, hair and nicer smelling clothes.
- To reduce the work you have to do to keep your home and car clean.
- To improve the quality of the air in your home for your family and friends.
- To improve your self-esteem and to be better able to deal with the daily stresses of life.