SPEAK Digital Badge
Successful Presentations- Effectively Articulating Knowledge (SPEAK)
Facilitators: UCC Skills Centre
To Apply: Email email@example.com, outlining why this Presentation Skills programme is relevant to you in your role (400 word limit).
One must attend all sessions in order to obtain the digital badge.
The SPEAK Programme is delivered over a 7-week period (commencing Wed 13th October, 4-5pm) by the UCC Skills Centre and is specifically designed for staff who are anxious and lacking in confidence in giving presentations. Each session will deliver a specific element of presentation skills, allowing the participant to become aware of the broad spectrum of performance in everyday life. Participants will develop specific techniques to enhance presentation skills and visual communication. These techniques include:
- the development of an expanded range of physical and vocal expressivity,
- expanded approaches to audience awareness and
- increased awareness of non-verbal and non-physical communication.
Learning outcomes: Identify the core elements of an effective presentation; Effectively use the voice, body, and the performing space to best engage with an audience; Use a combination of improvisation, scripting, and storyboarding to effectively deliver a message to an audience; Design excellent visuals that effectively engage with the message delivery; Be more confident in the delivery of a presentation.
Workshops will cover:
- Presentation skills overview and the barriers to effective communication
- Authenticity in Performance
- Stage Presence
- Digital Skills Maker
- Peer review presentations
- I enjoyed the course very much, everyone was supportive to each other and the facilitator was very knowledgeable.
- The facilitator was reassuring and very personable
- Overall a fabulous course, co-ordinators and content