Communicating with Impact for Managers and Leaders
Participant Group: Managers and Leaders
Facilitator: Reg Friddle, Preferred Future Training
It is the method and impact of our communication that defines our reputation and value in the minds of others. Honing our communication skill set is one of the most important ways of enhancing our ability to work well. On this practical and enjoyable course, you will leave with the confidence and practical skills to communicate clearly and effectively with managers, staff, students and stakeholders.
This 2.5-hour course will:
- Integrate the UCC values and competencies
- Be interactive and practical
- Be delivered virtually
a) Delegates will be asked to view a short piece of e-learning video content on the Insights Discovery psychometric model
b) Completion of a communication styles questionnaire related to the Insights Discovery psychometric model which they will be asked to bring to the training session
c) MS Forms short online survey to gauge delegate goals, communication strengths and management/ leadership challenges related to communication
At the end of this focused, interactive and practical workshop, you will have:
- A greater understanding of your own preferences and style of leadership and management communication, using the Insights Discovery psychometric model
- Awareness if how the team communication triangle (goals, roles, productive team norms) can be used to enhance team communication, including communicating virtually
- Formulated practical ways to enhance the way you communicate both face-to-face and in virtual work environments
- Devised a communication plan to connect more consciously with those you lead/ manage
Past participant feedback:
- "Excellent course, excellent trainer, really engaging."
- "I honestly thoroughly enjoyed the programme & it was very beneficial."
- All staff would benefit from this course. We need to move out of our comfort zone more often!"