College Finance Analyst
College Finance Analyst
Click here to download Post Particulars >> College Finance Analyst (35kB)
College Finance Analyst (Interim Appointment)
Applications are invited for the above 6 month appointment in the Finance Office. The successful candidate will report to the Bursar/CFO (or his nominee) but will be based in the College of Science, Engineering & Food Science and will have overall responsibility for providing financial support to the Head of that College and to Heads of Schools and Departments within that College in the area of strategic financial planning and administration. He/She will work closely with senior managers within the college in achieving college financial objectives and will facilitate ongoing liaison between the College and the Central Finance Function.
Candidates should be 3rd level graduates with experience of working in a similar role in a similar sized organisation for at least three years. He/She must demonstrate strong financial analysis skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation. The successful applicant must have excellent IT skills and have experience of working with modern Financial Management Computer Systems
A recognised professional accountancy qualification would be desirable.
Key responsibilities shall include the following:
- To assist and advise the Head of College in the formulation and implementation of the College strategic plan, with particular reference to finance, and in keeping with overall University financial strategy
- To analyse the effect of the Resource Allocation Model (RAM) upon the College, facilitating an understanding of its effect on the College’s finances;
- To improve the understanding of how the RAM operates throughout the College.
- To provide the interface between the College and the University Finance Office to ensure that College financial systems and procedures comply with the appropriate statutory requirements and conform to University policy;
- To oversee the development and implementation of College policies, systems and procedures for finance including, RAM modelling, financial projections, analysis and management, budget allocation and monitoring, and external and research funding;
- To coordinate the finance function within the academic units in the College, including the development of financial skills for all staff responsible for financial administration within the College.
Salary scale [new entrants]: €68,743 - €90,557 depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date: Friday, 08th February 2008
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Department of Human Resources, University College, College Road, Cork
Tel: 021 4903073 / Fax: 021 4276995 / Email: email@example.com
Application Form: http://hradmin.ucc.ie/docs/AppForm.doc
University College Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer