Travel Pass Scheme
Deadline for 2020 annual tickets is 5.00pm on Monday, 25th November 2019
The Travel Pass Scheme is a facility whereby employees can purchase annual bus or rail tickets through UCC. The employee will not pay tax, PRSI, USC or pension related deduction on the remuneration sacrificed, so there are big savings all round.
To be eligible to participate in this scheme, an employee must be either a permanent member of staff OR a temporary or contract employee whose contract end date is not less than 31st December 2020.
- The scheme applies only to annual bus and rail passes issued by Iarnrod Eireann and Bus Eireann.
- A new application must be submitted for participation each year.
- All NEW Travel Pass Scheme applicants must submit a digital photo along with completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org (All digital photos have to be 320 x 420 pixels or less and less than 64K).
- Staff who wish to participate in the scheme must complete an Application - Travel Pass Scheme 2020 (which includes payment authorisation) and email the completed form to email@example.com
- The University will then purchase the Travel Pass on the employee’s behalf in exchange for the employee foregoing the commensurate value from their annual basic salary in lieu.
- Travel Passes issued as part of this scheme will commence from 1st January 2020 and be valid to 31st December 2020 inclusive.
- For the scheme to be able to satisfy the Revenue Commissioners requirements for salary sacrifice, the scheme operates on an annual basis. Accordingly, participants in the scheme are only able to cancel their participation at the expiry of the one-year period.
- An employee who terminates their employment prior to the expiry of their 12 month agreement will have the outstanding Travel Pass debt deducted from their final salary/wage or any other monies due. In the event of insufficient monies being available to meet the debt in full, the individual will personally reimburse the University.
- University College Cork accepts no liability or responsibility in the case of lost or unused travel passes (most transport providers will replace lost passes at a small fee), or in the case of any injury which the employee may incur while using the travel pass.
- The scheme will have no impact on pension contributions or on pension benefits.
- In the case of resignation/termination of employment it is possible for individuals to claim a refund from the transport provider but should note that the refund will be based on the 'monthly' cost of the ticket and not the 'annual' cost.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORM
All applications for participation must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday, 25th November 2019.