- Student Led
- Research Informed
- Practice Focused
- Teaching and Learning
- Food Health and Wellbeing
- Landscape, Heritage and Natural Resources
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Energy Water and Climate Change
- Sustainable Procurement
- Commuting and Business Travel
- Green Campus Podcasts
- Case Studies
- Green Labs Community
- The 2017/2018 Annual Sustainability Report report at this link UCC-Annual-Sustainability-Report-17-18.pdf.
- The 2018/2019 Annual Sustainability Report can be accessed at this link UCC-Annual-Sustainability-Report-18-19.pdf.
- Our 2019/2020 Annual Sustainability Report can be accessed here UCC-Annual-Sustainability-Report-19-20.pdf
- Our 2020/2021 Annual Sustainability Report can be accessed here UCC Annual Sustainability Report 20/21
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
2020 UI GreenMetric World University Rankings
An international ranking which examines sustainability practices in universities across the world, has ranked University College Cork (UCC) at ninth in the world, the only Irish university to make the top 10 of the ‘greenest universities’ in the world.
The UI GreenMetric World University Ranking was set up in 2010 and examines universities around the world and their work towards reducing their carbon footprint and helping combat climate change. The educational, research and operational activities of 912 institutions across 84 countries were examined and UCC was ranked ninth best in the world for sustainability. You can read the UI Green Metric Factfile.
Green Campus Application
Transparency is one of the core values of UCC’s Green Campus Programme. Our sustainability activities are assessed by a number of third parties and all of the information is freely available online
The university reports annually to An Taisce on Green Campus activities and every three years a full reassessment is undertaken with an external panel of experts.
UCC’s full reassessment to An Taisce UCC-Green-Campus-Award-Renewal-2016.pdf and Annual reports to An Taisce are also available for UCC-Green-Campus-Annual-Renewal-2018.pdf