- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
Targeted supports for prospective students
The Graduate Attributes Programme is working together with Admissions, Academic Departments and Professional Support units and Student Experience Offices to provide targeted supports at pre-entry to university for prospective applicants.
Some projects we are currently working on:
- Development of relevant video content to help your transition to UCC – this will complement the Guidance Counselling service available in schools
- Collaborative design and development of an online workbook for pre-entry transitions to enable better decision making by applicants
Collaboration with students, Guidance Counsellors, industry stakeholders and internal stakeholders in relation to the design and delivery of the initiative has been taking place and will continue to develop over the months through 2020-2021.
The main objective of this initiative is to equip people with the information they need to make better decisions about the programme of study they will apply for. It will particularly serve those cohorts who don’t have easy access to the campus due to their geographic location or their social, economic or health circumstances. The primary impacts of the Transition In initiative will be to widen participation and increase retention.
Before making the transition to University you might find the following resources very helpful:
Know before you go - https://www.studentminds.org.uk/knowbeforeyougo.html
PDF guide to Making your Transition - https://www.studentminds.org.uk/uploads/3/7/8/4/3784584/180813_kbyg_interactive.pdf
Transitioning into University - https://www.studentminds.org.uk/transitionintouniversity.html