- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Nurturing Bright Futures
- Your Compass
- GAP Podcast
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Case Study BA (Hons) Economics through Transformational Learning
- Case Study M.Plan
- Case Study OT1004
- Case Study BA (Hons) Film and Screen Media
- Case Study NU4025 Health Informatics for Nurses and Midwives
- Case Study Irish Legal Information Initiative (IRLII)
- Case Study Made2Move Programme
- Case Study MA Arts Management and Creative Producing
- Case Study - GAP and Pharmacy
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
LinkedIn Learning for Researchers
UCC Graduate Attributes Programme, in collaboration with the Graduate Studies Office and UCC Career Services are offering UCC PG Research students unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning until September 2023.
LinkedIn Learning is an online educational platform that helps students to discover and develop core employability as well as technical skills through expert-led course videos.
With more than 16,000 courses and personalized recommendations, they can discover, complete, and track courses related to their field of study and interests.
Courses are available on the following topics and will support PhD and Masters by Research students in developing core skills such as:
- Research skills
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Ethics and Social Understanding
- Team working and leadership
- Personal effectiveness and transferable skills
You can also choose to add these courses and related skills to your LinkedIn profile once they completed them. Participants also receive a Certificate of Completion.
Why should I participate?
With LinkedIn Learning you can develop your soft skills as well as your technical skills. Engaging with this offering will:
- Enhance your employability.
- Enable you to develop core skills that will support your research and future career.
- Help you to create and maintain a LinkedIn Profile.
- Enable you to effectively articulate your personal and professional development.
- Support your development of graduate attributes and values.
You will gain access to customized learning playlists to support your personal and professional development as a researcher.
In addition, UCC Career Services professionals will deliver optional in-person sessions to guide and supplement learning.
With this offering you will be able to access LinkedIn Learning free of charge, ordinarily it can be quite expensive to acquire a license!
Securing your LinkedIn Learning License
Licenses will be issued on a first come first served basis.
Complete this short form to express your interest in obtaining a LinkedIn Learning license. We will be in touch to issue you with your license and you will have access to the platform until September 2023.
'I find the courses extremely helpful. It is easy to listen to such courses or summaries while commuting from college. I find I'm quickly building a course library and these skills transfer directly to my LinkedIn profile which is great. Some of the course can be very general but it can spark some thinking in how I can apply the skills to my own career and life in general'
'I benefited from the LinkedIn courses on conflict resolution and developing emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence requires an ability to be self-aware and manage your actions within the work environment (Raghubir 2018). I now recognize the importance of maintaining social awareness and creating collaborative relationships within the work environment...'