- About the Department and SGPP-L List
- Undergraduate Study
- Postgraduate Study
- Work Placement Portal
- Jean Monnet Seminar Series
- Government and Politics Review
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
- Elections Go!
- Guest Lecture - Video Gallery
- Jean Monnet Project 2017-2019
- Centre for Local and Regional Governance
Extension Application Process
Department of Government and Politics Extension Application Process
The Department willingly supports students who have genuine difficulties and asks students to please be aware of and observe the following procedures:
- Extension requests need to be supported by appropriate documentation, e.g. medical cert or counsellor's letter.
- These documents need to be submitted in a timely fashion with the extension request. Extensions may not be granted for retrospective medical certs that are submitted weeks after the assignment deadline has passed.
- Requests will only be considered where the documentation is received within the period of the assignment, i.e. before the deadline, apart from when there are exceptional circumstances.
- The Extension Application Form_2018-2019 needs to be completed and signed by the student.
- The student needs to email the extension application form to email@example.com with the supporting documentation.
- Once the extension is approved by a relevant Extension Officer, the email will be sent to the student.
- The student collects the approved extension form from the office (ORB 2.50) and staples it to the front of their assignment.
- Students should not email medical certificates or notes of absences to individual lecturers – these should always be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Extensions Officers (Department of Government and Politics):
Dr Clodagh Harris (BA Politics)
Dr Aodh Quinlivan (BSc Government)