News & Events
APPLY NOW: UCC/BIM Innovation Advisory Research Programme
UCC / BIM Innovation Advisory Research Programme: Position for B Comm/ BSc Finance Graduate
Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) is searching for an enthusiastic, conscientious and results orientated graduate to work in the Seafood Innovation Hub (SIH) in Clonakilty, Co. Cork. The Innovation Advisory graduate scheme will involve eleven (11) months working within the Seafood Innovation Hub. BIM’s SIH is an exciting new venture with the objective of bringing a market-led innovation approach to the Irish seafood sector. The state of the art Innovation Hub is equipped with a pilot processing hall, new product development kitchen, training facilities and incubation units.
BIM has an objective to deliver increased value-added seafood over the next five years. This placement is an opportunity to get experience on a variety of projects in a growing seafood industry.
The financial graduate will work closely with BIM’s Business Development and Innovation division on a broad range of client projects centred on new product development, quality, research and insight, innovative business concepts and commercialization.
There is one position on offer. The ideal candidate will have an innovative outlook, possess new ideas and enthusiasm. They must have an ability to maintain confidentiality for client companies of the Seafood Innovation Hub.
Candidates for the Financial Graduate should have the ability to:
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative financial data
- Utilize commercial financial tools
- Draw conclusions to realise commercial returns
- Analyse market data and present key findings and opportunities
- Understand global commerce and influencing factors
- Maintain effective contact and communication with BIM’s clients and Key Account Managers
A degree in Finance/Commerce or equivalent is essential and the ideal candidate will have high levels of communication, networking, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Training and support will be provided as part of the role. The Seafood Innovation Hub has a tight team, so evidence of team working skills is also required.
- Reporting : Manager Seafood Innovation Hub
- Location: BIM Seafood Innovation Hub, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
- Salary: €22,600 over the 11 month contract
- Start date: 2nd September 2019
- Application: Submit CV and cover letter to Ms Maura Conway, firstname.lastname@example.org to reach her by close of business on Monday 3rd June 2019.
Interviews will be held in UCC in early June.