News & Events
APPLY NOW: UCC/BIM Innovation Advisory Graduate Programme - Financial Graduate: Closing Date 19th February
UCC / BIM Innovation Advisory Graduate Programme: Invitation for application for position for a Business/Financial Graduate
Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) is searching for an enthusiastic, adaptable and results orientated graduate to work in the Seafood Innovation Hub (SIH) in Clonakilty, Co. Cork. The Innovation Advisory graduate scheme will involve eleven (11) months working within the Seafood Innovation Hub. BIM’s SIH is an exciting new venture with the objective of bringing a market-led innovation approach to the Irish seafood sector. The state of the art Innovation Hub is equipped with a pilot processing hall, new product development kitchen, training facilities and incubation units.
BIM has an objective to deliver increased value-added seafood over the next five years. This placement is an opportunity to get experience on a variety of projects in a growing seafood industry.
The financial graduate will work closely with BIM’s Development and Innovation unit on a broad range of client projects centred on new product development, quality, research and insight, innovative business concepts and commercialization.
There is one position on offer. The ideal candidate will have an innovative outlook, possess new ideas and enthusiasm. They must have an ability to maintain confidentiality for client companies of the Seafood Innovation Hub.
Candidates for the Financial Graduate should have the ability to:
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative financial data and documents
- Conduct cost analysis assessments on projects
- Draw conclusions to realise commercial returns
- Analyse market data and present key findings and opportunities
- Understand global commerce and influencing factors
- Maintain effective contact and communication with BIM’s clients and Key Account Managers
A degree in Finance/Commerce or equivalent is essential and the ideal candidate will have high levels of communication, networking, presentation and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to complete a Diploma in Food Manufacturing Management which is funded by BIM - https://www.ucc.ie/en/ace-dfmm/ and will also have on-the-job training provided.
The Seafood Innovation Hub has a dynamic team, so evidence of team working skills is also required. The successful candidate will have to be available to begin the position in early September 2021.
- Reporting : Seafood Development Financial Lead
- Location : BIM Seafood Innovation Hub, Clonakilty, Co.Cork
- Salary: €22,600 over the 11 month contract.
- Application: Submit CV and cover letter to Ms Maura Conway, email@example.com to reach her by close of business on Friday 19th February 2021.
- Eligibility: Non EU/EEA Applicants are required to hold a valid EU work visa.
- Interviews will be held online in early March
For more on this story contact:
Ms Maura Conway
021 490 3114