- About Us
- News and Updates
- Accounts Payable Office
- Capital & Treasury Office
- Fees Office
- Financial Accounting Office
- Management Accounting Office
- Payroll Office
- Office of Research Grants and Contracts
- The Finance Committee
- Policies and Procedures
- Procurement Office
- Full Economic Costing
The Treasury function, located within the Finance Office, has responsibility for:
- Implementation and Management of UCCs Treasury Policy
- Cash-flow management, including deposits and overdrafts
- Management of bank fees and charges
- Opening Conference and other bank accounts
- Merchant services, including online facilities for receipt of income and credit card terminals
- Corporate credit cards
- Arrangement of Letters of Credit
Treasury Activities within UCC are managed by the Finance Office with its main focus encompassing funding/liquidity, cash management and the use of foreign exchange to minimise costs and maximise income in a risk averse manner.
UCC has a Treasury Management Policy approved by the Finance Committee and the Governing Body, however this is not readily available to the General Public. If you wish to discuss any aspect of the policy, please contact email@example.com at or by calling +353 21 4903033
The Staff working in the area are:
Deirdre Stuart & Eithne Beasley
Bank of Ireland has been appointed the provider of banking services to UCC for the five year period Sept 2011 – Sept 2016. Under the terms of the agreement UCC is not permitted to have banking arrangements with any other financial institution.
To ensure compliance with best practice principles, and with legislation governing the reporting of expenditure and income in the university’s financial statements, all bank accounts held by, and used in the course of the business of the university, are centrally controlled by the Finance Office.
As a result, however, of the increasing move towards electronic banking, the receipting of income has changed. Consequently, it is now possible to apply to the Finance Office to open a bank account (567kB) , which would be dedicated to a department or unit within the university for the purposes of receiving income only.