Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences
First Performative Teaching and Learning Symposium.
Exploring Performative Practices across Disciplines - The symposium centres on theoretical perspectives and practices which aim at paving the way towards a new, performative teaching and learning culture.
The symposium centres on theoretical perspectives and practices which aim at paving the way towards a new, performative teaching and learning culture.
Guiding questions will include:
- What is the essence of the ‘performative’?
- Are there indications of an increased ‘performative orientation’ in some of our disciplines?
- Could the ‘performative concept’ signal a whole new way of thinking and acting in the field of ‘teaching and learning’ (=new paradigm)?
- What are the characteristic features of performative teaching and learning?
- How does one learn to teach in a performative way?
In terms of preparation for the symposium, participants may wish to refer to the following article in SCENARIO’s current issue: http://research.ucc.ie/scenario/2013/01/Schewe/02/en
|Category:||Conferences: Arts Celtic Studies and Social Sciences|
|Time:||Friday: 9.15am - 5 pm, Saturday: 10.30am - 1pm|
|Location:||Friday: UCC Connolly Building, Drama Lab and Conn B, Saturday: Main Campus, Alfred O'Rahilly Bilding, Room 1.23|
|Target Audience:||All Welcome|
|Admission Price: €||Free|