Employee Self Service [ESS] Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to access ESS?
- Is ESS a secure service?
- What web browsers can I use to access the system?
- What Personnel details can I update?
- What Personnel/Leave details can I view?
- I have queries about My Personnel details/My Time details, who should I contact?
- I have queries about My Payroll Self Service, who should I contact?
- How do I update other information on ESS?
- Can I access ESS outside of UCC?
- ESS uses Single Sign On, meaning your UCC login credentials will allow you access
- You must have a UCC EMAIL A/C.
- Please note - ESS is currently only available to Permanent, Fixed Term and Retired staff.
Staff can securely access ESS using any browser, however it is recommended to avoid using Microsoft Edge as there are compatability issues with this and e-recruitment.
Under My Profile (Employee Detail) you can update the following:
- Next of Kin
- My Address Details - personal address
- Dependent Detail
Under My Profile (Employee Detail) you can view the following:
- Next of Kin
- Contacts - Phone No's, My Address Details - personal address
- Bank Detail
Under Employee Dashboard (My Time) you can view the following:
- My Requests
- Work Week
Please email all Personnel/Leave related queries to email@example.com
Please email all payslip related queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email all Personnel related queries to email@example.com
Yes, you can access ESS outside UCC using Single Sign On
What do I need to access the service externally?
In order to avail of this service outside of UCC you will require the following:
An account on CENTRAL
An @ucc.ie email address
How do I access this service?
- Open any standard browser and go to the ESS home page http://www.ucc.ie/en/ess
- Click on ESS Login
- Enter your @ucc.ie email address and UCC password e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on Sign In
- You will then be directed to the ESS Landing page