- What do I need to access ESS?
- How do I find out My Staff Number?
- How do I get an ESS Password?
- How do I change my ESS Password?
- Is ESS a secure service?
- What web browsers can I use to access the system?
- What happens if I forget my ESS password?
- How many times can I enter my password incorrectly before my account is locked?
- What happens if I lock my account?
- What Personnel details can I update?
- What Personnel/Leave details can I view?
- I have queries about My Personnel details/My Time details, who should I contact?
- I have queries about My Payroll Self Service, who should I contact?
- How do I update other information on ESS?
- Can I access ESS outside of UCC?
- You will need your UCC staff number and password to login.
- You will also need to have a UCC EMAIL A/C.
- You can access ESS remotely once you have an Office 365 account setup by IT Services.
- Please note - ESS is currently available to permanent and fixed term staff. It is intended that future rollout of this service will enable access for retired staff members and those paid under the hourly occasional pay policy.
- Your staff number is on your contract of employment and your staff ID card.
- If you do not have a staff ID card, please email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise same.
- Enter your staff number on the ESS login page and click on the link 'Password Reset’
- You will only be required to do this on first login.
- You will then be asked to enter your Staff No. and your Date of Birth, click on Reset Password
- An email will be automatically sent to your UCC EMAIL A/C with a temporary password and further login instructions.
- To activate your new password you will need to click the link sent to your UCC EMAIL A/C. [If you do not have a UCC EMAIL A/C please contact email@example.com]
- You will then be prompted to enter your PPS No. new password and then confirm your new password. Your new password must be at least 8 characters in length and contain at least 1 numeric value.
- Enter your staff number and password on the ESS login page
- Once logged into ESS, click on the menu with your name in the upper right hand corner and select ‘Change Password’ from the dropdown list.
- You will be prompted to enter your current password, new password and then confirm your new password.
- Your Password must have a minimum length of 8 characters and include at least 1 numeric value.
Staff can securely access ESS using any browser.
Your ESS account will lock after entering your password incorrectly 9 times.
If your account is locked please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your staff number and name.
Under My Profile (Employee Detail) you can update the following:
- Next of Kin
- My Address Details - personal address
- Dependent Detail
Under My Profile (Employee Detail) you can view the following:
- Next of Kin
- Contacts - Phone No's, My Address Details - personal address
- Bank Detail
Under My Profile (Time Management)you can view the following:
- Balance Information
Under Employee Dashboard (My Time) you can view the following:
- Calendar by week
- My 12 month Roster (Calendar)
- My Balances
Please email all Personnel/Leave related queries to email@example.com
ESS Payroll FAQ (328kB)
Please email all payslip related queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email all Personnel related queries to email@example.com
Yes, you can access ESS outside UCC through the Office 365 service once you have an Office 365 account setup by IT Services.
What do I need to access the service externally?
In order to avail of this service outside of UCC you will require the following:
An account on CENTRAL
An @ucc.ie email address
Request ESS through the Office 365 service
For further information on CENTRAL accounts, mailboxes or Office 365 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.ucc.ie/en/it/itservicecatalogue/office365/
How do I access this service?
- Open any standard browser and go to the ESS home page http://www.ucc.ie/en/ess
- Click on ESS Login
- If you are off campus you will be presented with the Office 365 login page
- Enter your @ucc.ie email address as your login name e.g. email@example.com
- Press Enter
- You will then be redirected to the UCC Office 365 account login screen
- Enter your CENTRAL account password and click on Sign In
- You will then be presented with the Employee Self Service (ESS) login screen
- Enter your normal ESS username [i.e. staff number] and ESS password to access Employee Self Service