Study and Work Programme
Application for the Study / Work Programme (ILEP number 0341/0008*)
- To apply for the course, please click here and download the study and work programme application form.
- Study and Work Programme Information Leaflet:Study and Work Programme Information Leaflet
This programme entitles non-EU students to work legally on a part-time basis while taking English classes for 25 weeks and UCC Language Centre can give advice on work availability in the Cork area. Our University has a career advice service.
The immigration permission to attend a 25-week English-language course is for 8 months. New students attending language courses may be granted permission for a maximum of 3 language courses. This amounts to a total immigration permission of 2 years (3 x 8 months). Students can study for 20 hours per week for 25 weeks and use the remainder of their time to work or holiday.
- The student must take a recognised examination at the end of the course (students who do not comply with this requirement willl not be permitted to obtain further immigration permission)
- Our course is listed on the *Interim List of Eligible Programmes (ILEP) as required by INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service).
- INIS has published an overview of conditions for language programme students listing immigration requirements for such students.
- Please also refer to www.icosirl.ie (Irish Council for International Students) for further information.
|Students can start any Monday of the academic year|
|€5,000 (all inclusive, no registration fee)|
Students must take an exit IELTS Exam
Students are required to buy their own core course books.
|Students have free access to computer centre, library, campus Wi-Fi, self-access resource centre and Mardyke Arena Sports Complex|
Maximum 15 students
Minimum 6 students
|Our classes are suitable for all language levels from elementary to proficiency. When you arrive, you will be given a short test to establish your ability in English.|