Researcher: Hryshchenko, Browne, Mo, Deng
Funding Body: EU FP7
Project Type: Researchers
Period: May 12 to Apr 2015
Project Description: ……..
The BaaS system aims to optimize energy performance in the application domain of “non-residential buildings, in operational stage. In the building operational life-cycle three significant tasks have to be continuously performed:
- collect information and assess the buildings current state;
- predict the effect that various decisions will have to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- optimize performance
A generic ICT-enabled system will be developed to provide integrated assess, predict, optimize (APO) services that guarantee harmonious and parsimonious use of available resources. BaaS is supported on four objectives:
- Data Management from various in- and out-of-building sources: An (IFC-based) BIM server and DWH will act as central repositories for all static and dynamic building data. Other ICT systems and external web services, like a weather station or a weather forecast services, will be considered as data sources.
- System integration and interoperability concepts, based on standards and open source projects, will be applied on an Event-Driven SOA-based platform.
- Building thermal modeling and simulation for energy performance estimation, baselining, model assisted design of control and FDD.
- APO services: Anomaly identification (e.g. fault detection) and diagnosis services using sensed and simulated data; and Integrated and fully automated building automation and control design services.