General Infection Control Measures
In order to protect the health of the University community and to minimise the risk of spread of COVID-19 the following general controls are to be adhered to when visiting the University.
Existing fire and occupational health and safety regulations must continue to be adhered to.
- At all times visitors must adhere to Irish Public Health guidance including the following:
- HSE guidance
- HSA guidance
- Return to Work Safely Protocol
- Any campus-wide COVID-19 measures applicable in UCC from time to time
- Access to any building is only through the entrance signposted.
- Exit from any building is only through the exit signposted.
- Where possible there will be open ventilation in all areas except for toilet areas.
- People must not attend the University if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19. If a person displays symptoms or believes they may have symptoms of COVID-19 whilst at the University they should immediately put on a face covering and return home. Please notify General Services on (021) 4903111 as soon as you arrive home to enable the University to take the appropriate cleaning steps.
- People must not attend the University if they have returned to Ireland, in the last 14 days, from a country not on Ireland’s COVID-19 green list.
Infection Control Measures Gallery
Social (Physical) Distancing Requirements
Public health guidelines require a distance of 2 metres or more, between people, where possible, when carrying out any task. People on campus should:
- Avoid physical contact including hand-shaking.
- Observe 2 metre social distancing where possible. In circumstances where this cannot be achieved, appropriate precautions such as face coverings will be required.
- Observe and follow all directional and other guidance signage within the building(s) and campus.
- Follow any one-way system or marked lanes in place to separate the flow of people.
- When entering/exiting any doors, please look left and right and proceed if clear.
- Do not congregate near entrances and exits.
- Keep 2m away from lift discharge points and stair access points.
- Minimise use of lifts or use them for the movement of heavy goods and impaired persons if possible. Lifts should be only used by one person at a time.
- When using a lift or stairs, please ensure that the lift is free or the stairwell is clear. Adhere to related signage instructions where one-way systems apply.
- If you see someone approaching any door, please stand back until they are clear.
- Where possible, walk on the left hand side of the corridor and/or stairs.
It is important that people practice good hygiene at all times. People are to:
- Wash their hands with soap and water or sanitise with an alcohol-based hand rub regularly and in particular:
- before and after eating and preparing food
- after coughing or sneezing or blowing of one’s nose
- after using the toilet
- before smoking or vaping
- where hands are dirty
- before and after wearing gloves
- before and after being on public transport
- before leaving home
- when arriving/leaving the workplace/other sites
- after changing tasks
- after touching potentially contaminated surfaces
- if in contact with someone displaying any COVID-19 symptoms
- Not share pens/stationary and objects that touch their mouth, for example, bottles or cups
- Practice good respiratory measures to limit the spread of the virus including:
- avoid touching the face, eyes, nose and mouth
- cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or a tissue
- dispose of tissues in a covered bin
Where to eat on campus?
For up to date information visit our On Campus Activity section.