Power-Aware Digital Signal Processing Blocks for Mobile Health
- Srinivasan Krishnamurthy
Current work involves:
- Designing the EEG Artefact Rejection algorithm in MATLAB (for functionality testing).
- Converting MATLAB code in to a ‘C’ code under VC++2008 compiler.
- Analyzing the Complexity of the algorithm for hardware implementation.
- Converting the ‘C’ code in to a suitable fixed-point DSP code.
- Simulating the fixed-point DSP code in to the selected DSP hardware.
- Porting the fixed-point DSP code in to the selected DSP hardware.
- Testing the performance of the fixed-point DSP code in the DSP hardware.
- Getting the power measures of the algorithm in the DSP hardware.
Present status of work:
A 11-channel FastICA algorithm for source separation using MATLAB – completed Conversion of MATLAB to ‘C’ code – completed.DSP hardware selection – completed Setting up of the DSP hardware simulator software – completed Conversion of floating-point ‘C’ to fixed-point DSP code – in progress.
Figures and Graphs:
(1) Independent Component Analysis (ICA) – detailed block representation