M.Ed. by Research
Masters in Education by Research
The M.Ed. by Research is a 2 years full-time or 4 years part-time course.
Applicants for the M.Ed. (Research) must have
- a primary degree and the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (or its equivalent) and has at least Second Class Honours in one (or its equivalent), or
- a BEd (Hons) Degree (or its equivalent) with at least Second Class Honours, or
- a BSc (Hons) (Education in Physical Sciences) (or its equivalent) with at least a Second Class Honours
A minimum of 5 years full-time teaching will be considered as an Honours equivalent or at least a Second Class Honours grade in one of the following:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Administration
- An tArd-Teastas i dTeagasc agus i Litríocht na Gaeilge
- Postgraduate Diploma in English and the Teaching of English
- Postgraduate Diploma in the Teaching of Religious Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Special Educational Needs
- Postgraduate Diploma in Curriculum Studies (Civic, Social and Political Education)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
- Postgraduate Diploma in Spanish/Italian for Post Primary Teachers
- Postgraduate Diploma in the Teaching of Science in the Primary School or equivalent.
Programme Requirements and Duration
Completion of a thesis of 40,000 words. The thesis will normally be presented at the end of the second year subsequent to registration for the programme
See http://www.ucc.ie/calendar/postgraduate/Masters/arts/page74.html for further details.