Dr. Wesley O’ Brien awarded University of North Carolina Greensboro Ellen Griffin Scholar
This award was specifically based on his work in the field of Exercise and Sport Science.
Wesley travelled to UNCG from the 10th April to 19th April, in which he undertook the following:
1. Guest lectured in 4 x undergraduate courses.
2. Keynote Speaker at a Motor Behavior Research Network meeting.
3. Attended several research meetings on virtual reality, smartphone technologies and concussion work.
4. Collected field data at a local middle school on heart rate variability and exercise.
5. Worked on a collaborative manuscript for publication.
Wesley was privileged to connect with many of the UNCG faculty, in particular Dr. Donna Duffy, who was also a visiting scholar to UCC’s School of Education, in semester one of the academic year 2016-17. In terms of understanding the thematic areas of American Sport, Physical Activity, and Physical Education, Wesley found the experience invaluable, and was very honoured to share some of his experiences with academic staff, teachers, and post-primary school children.