- About the EDI Unit
- News & Events
- Speak Out
- #ProgressWithPride @UCC - Rainbow Walkway
- Equality Committee
- Equality & Covid-19
- EDI Policies & Regulations
- EDI Landscape at UCC
- EDI Unit Projects
- Gender Identity and Expression
- University of Sanctuary
- Staff and Student Training and Development
- Further Links
Throughout 2021, Alumni and Development will host a series of conversations with an international focus. Each month, an expert from the global alumni community will discuss a topic of interest with a specialist from UCC. Exploring both the challenges and opportunities facing us in this new world, the Global Speaker Series will look at what we have learned over the past year and will investigate what the future holds.
On Thursday, April 22nd at 5pm, we will welcome UCC graduate, Mike O’Sullivan (Speaker at the 2020 TED Conference, Forbes Contributor and Author of The Levelling) and Professor Andrew Cottey (Department of Government and Politics at UCC and EU Jean Monnet Chair in European Political Integration) for a discussion on key geopolitical changes taking place around the world.
- Is globalisation coming to an end and are we starting to move towards a multipolar world order?
- In what ways are regions redefining their values?
- With debt to GDP ratio at record levels in many countries, what should we expect in a post-Covid global economy?
- What will happen to Ireland, Wales and Scotland after Brexit?
- How has technology impacted globalisation?
- Will inequality increase or decrease in the new world order?
The fourth talk in UCC’s Global Speaker Series will explore these questions and more.
Register here to join us for a live discussion on “What’s next after Globalisation?”
All welcome. Organised by Alumni & Development