Small Project Funding
Narratives of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are invited for small projects under the UCC Equality Fund. This fund is managed by UCC's Equality Committee. It is designed to facilitate innovative, creative or short research projects by staff or students across the UCC community.
The aim for each project should be to construct a narrative around Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) to:
(1) Help identify university priorities for a future UCC Equality Plan and
(2) Help the university understand better the challenges that exist and the hurdles that can be overcome.
One prize to the value of €1,000 and two prizes to the value of €250 are available. Prizes will be awarded in September.
- Take themes of equality/inequality, diversity, respect, empowerment, inclusion/exclusion as a starting point;
- Showcase narratives in which respect for and engagement of difference has been achieved at university level or, shed a light on stories that indicate exclusion or inequality;
- Take creative form including but not limited to poetry, film, photography, painting, digital writing forms, traditional writing (including non-fiction, poetry, fiction, testimony, essay). Alternatively, applicants may wish to submit a short research project (max 5,000 words) that speaks to the main themes. This might take the form of a discussion of a survey or other form of research conducted or a discursive overview of a particular issue;
- Be submitted to Emer Clifford (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Friday, 31st August 2018. Applications received after this time will not be considered eligible.
Proposals will be evaluated by a sub-group of the UCC Equality Committee and decisions will be communicated by 9th September.