Registering with the Disability Support Service
Students studying in UCC can register with the Disability Support Service in order to receive the educational supports they need during their time in ucc.
To register with the Disability Support Service, you must:
1. Complete the DSS online registration form.
- log on to yourstudent portal (sit.ucc.ie)
- select the online registration option in the menu on the left hand side.
- select disability support registration.
For more detailed instructions on how to complete the online element of the dss registration please download the following document: DSS Online Registration Walkthrough
2. Email a copy of your medical verification to firstname.lastname@example.org (if you applied through the DARE scheme in 2019, you are not required to email a copy of your medical verification to the DSS).
- Please click here for details of appropriate medical verification for each disability category. please note that students are required to produce medical verification from an appropriate consultant and GP letters cannot be accepted.
3. After you have emailed your medical verification to the DSS, a disability advisor will send you a link to our booking system and you will be able to book into an educational needs assessment with the relevant disability advisor. Please note that this email will be sent to your student email account. You can access your student email account here. Your username is your UCC Student Number and your password will be the pin you received in the email from the Admissions Office after you accepted your offer to UCC.
4. You will also receive an email from your disability advisor with the UCC Disability Support Service Code of Practice. Please note that this email will be sent to your student email account. You can access your student email account here. Your username is your UCC Student Number and your password will be the pin you received in the email from the Admissions Office after you accepted your offer to UCC
5. The final stage of registering with the DSS is having your needs assessment appointment. this is a 30-minute appointment with your assigned disability advisor, where supports will be discussed. This is a mandatory appointment and no DSS supports can be put in place until the needs assessment takes place.