Events Submission Form
Guide to submitting an event
Please note that for security reasons you can only submit events from UCC computers connected to the UCC network. Submissions from computers outside UCC will not be processed.
Using the Events Calendar will help get the word out about your event to the UCC community and beyond:
- Events entered into the calendar are collated into daily and weekly emails (which come from 'UCC Pulse'). These emails go to the All Staff email list and a growing number of local and national media.
- As events approach, they also feature on the UCC homepage, bottom right.
- This is a better and cleaner option than sending All Exchange user emails, given it has greater reach and longevity, and that also all staff receive a copy (whereas many have unsubscribed from the traditional All Exchange user emails or simply receive too many on a daily basis to take in the message).
Before you submit an event, please read the following steps:
- Click on "Event Submission Form" below to open the form.
- Fill in or select each box as necessary.
- All boxes in the form have character limits, which correspond to approximate word limits (as indicated below). If these limits are exceeded, you will receive an error when submitting and will have to start again.
- Please do not use capital letters for entire words or within sentences to emphasise certain words. You should only capitalise the first letter of the first word beginning a sentence and any proper nouns/names. Do not use ampersands (&).
- Events should be directly relevant to UCC and written in an accessible, non-technical way, using the active voice. To learn more about this style of writing, please see the UCC Language Style Guide (draft)
- Only plain text should be used. Please do not paste entire blocks of texts with formatting such as bullet points, as this will not remain and you will be asked to resubmit the event.
- Full Description: Please do not copy and paste the schedule of events or the poster outline of the event into this description box. A legible, text based explanation of the event is the only format acceptable, or you may be asked to resubmit. You can however provide an online link to the event schedule as needed or link to your website for further information
- Once you have submitted your event, a moderator will review it and email to confirm its approval or to highlight any changes required.
- See the "Event Submission Example" to the right.
Amending an event after you've submitted it
If you have any issues with an event after you've submitted it, please email email@example.com outlining your issue.
Please note that you must stay within the character/word count in the form, or your submission will be rejected.