Canvas is a world-class virtual learning environment used by over 3,000 institutions globally, and is used daily by over 20,000 of our staff and students. There are some steps you need to take to use Canvas for your teaching:
- Ensure you can access all of your modules on Canvas as a Teacher.
- Ensure your students can access their modules on Canvas as a Student.
NB: Before attending any training session, please ensure that you can log-in at canvas.ucc.ie using your UCC credentials. If you cannot sign-in, please contact email@example.com. The Canvas trainer will not be able to solve this for you during the training.
A full version of the UCC Canvas Fundamentals Training can be viewed here:
(Tá leagan Gaeilge le fáil níos faide thíos)
Is féidir leagan iomlán de Oiliúint Bunúsacha Canvas UCC a fheiceáil anseo:
If you would like to book a training session for your team or department, please complete this form.
In addition to the Canvas Training sessions, a number of other supports have been put in place for staff:
- The Help icon on your Canvas menu gives access to 24/7 Canvas Support, as well as detailed how-to Guides.
- The Learning Technologies Unit assist with UCC-related queries such as course enrolments.
- Should you have any queries on Canvas Training please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Training for specific departments is available on request.
- There is also a Teaching with Technology course available on your Canvas Dashboard, which includes several modules of Canvas learning.
Finally, a reminder that details on why and how UCC has decided to move from Blackboard to Canvas in 2019 can be found on the recording of the formal Canvas launch on February 25th.