It's been a busy year for the CDE
The Centre for Digital Education has been busy supporting staff through training and advice. We have created online content for ourselves and other departments, liaised with offices and departments across UCC, provided individual and schools-based training sessions and provided advice as required at all levels.
Since the start of the Covid emergency in March 2020, the Centre for Digital Education has redoubled efforts to support staff around the application of technology to education. We have put in place an Advisory board to suggest directions and gaps for training and refined offerings to reflect needs.
As we approach the 1-year anniversary of the move off-campus, here are just some of the activities we have carried out over the last 12 months:
- Launched the Keep Teaching, Keep Assessing (replaced by Assessment Hub), Keep Learning (now managed by the Skills Centre) suite of websites
- Created the Getting Started website
- Created the Assessment Hub site
- Refocussed the IUA Enhancing Digital Teaching and Learning (EDTL) project to focus on UCC-specific staff supports
- Developed the EDTL community within UCC and seen significant engagement in national webinars under this project
- Developed and delivered the Teach Digi series of workshops over the summer and autumn
- Designed and launched the Teaching with Technology Support Service in collaboration with IT Services
- Supported our colleagues in Audio Visual Media Services with their weekly Panopto Q&A sessions
- Redeveloped the Teaching with Canvas course into the Teaching with Technology course
- Provided over 200 individual consultations to UCC staff
- Provided documentation to university management on the subject of supporting staff through Covid
- Ran Canvas training workshops within disciplines as demanded
- Provided almost daily tweets around the topic of technology in education
- Sent weekly emails on the topic of technology in education
- Participated in regular meetings with groups relevant to staff support, including the Digital Education Advisory Group, the IT Steering Group, the Academic Staff Development committee, Academic Council Teaching and Learning committee
It's been a busy year for sure, but we were delighted to be able to play our part in this historic move online and we look forward to continuing to support the UCC community in the coming years.