Get a New Website
Get a new UCC website
- To request a new UCC CMS-driven website (all business units and academic sections) please follow steps 1 to 6 below.
- To request a new UCC Wordpress site (research projects and social sites only), please follow steps 4 to 6 below.
1. Fill in the "Site Request" form below:
All site owners** / primary moderators*** must complete this form.
2. Fill in the UCC Website Information Architecture Template:
You should fill in the details of what you envisage for your new site. Once you have completed the IA template, email it to email@example.com
3. Attend CMS Training:
If your primary moderator has not already done so, they will need to complete the half-day CMS training course.
4. Discuss your requirements:
Once we have received your completed "Site Request" form we will be in contact to discuss your requirements. You should have completed the "UCC Website Information Architecture Template" and returned it to firstname.lastname@example.org before this discussion. During this discussion we will:
- Discuss your site requirements
- Give advice on the best way to proceed (will you be performing the development yourself or will you require student assistance / external developers to assist with the development).
- Outline the resources available (what training will you need, what content needs to be created, what content exists already and who to go to to get assistance with this).
- Identify the important dates, milestones and tasks to be acheived on the road to making your site live.
- Help you develop a plan for developing your site (including going through the steps required depending on the size / complexity of your site).
5. Develop your site:
Once you have your plan, you can carry on with developing your site using the Site Manager content management system (CMS). If you have a CMS account, we can set you up with a skeleton site structure on our testinternet channel. If you need assistance you can always email email@example.com for help or use our CMS How To Guides to guide you in the process.
6. Make your site "live":
Once you're happy with your site, let us know and we can take a quick look. If the site is satisfactory we can move the new site from the test site to the live site.
If you have any queries in relation to this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site Request form
**: The site owner is usually the head of the organisational unit in question. They have ultimate responsibility for websites belonging to their organisational unit.
***: The primary moderator is nominated by the site owner and is the person with day-to-day responsibility for the creation and maintenance of their unit's website.
Fields marked with a * must be completed.
See the UCC Privacy statement for information in realtion to the collection of data in UCC.