- What is the Digital Estate for Communications?
- DE Comms Resources for UCC Staff and Students
- Getting a Website
- Using Social Media
- Available Resources
- Policies and Procedures
- Feedback and Improvement
CMS How To
Guides and Video Tutorials for CMS Users
CMS Training Manual
Whistle stop tour of the CMS V8 Interface
Learn about Sections
The following demos show you the steps involved with creating a basic page or section on your website.
Working with sections (pages):
- Create a subsection
- Preview Changes to a Page
- Edit a section
- Move a section
- Create a Hidden section
- Re-order sections
- Create a "Home" link
- Create an external link section
- Delete a section
- Restore a deleted section
Help Google find your page
Working with Content
Content: the stuff on your page, e.g. Text, images, links. The videos below will show you how to add basic content to a page/section of your site.
Available Content Types
Files and the CMS - Media library
The Media Library:
- Add a document to the Media Library
- Add an image to the Media Library
- Insert a document into General Content
Inserting Documents, and Links in to your content
Dealing with long pages
The new style has resulted in many much longer pages. The guide below details how to handle them.
Image Sizes and the CMS
Find out more on our SharePoint.
Allow Pop Ups
The first time you preview a section on your PC a pop-up blocker might prevent the preview from being displayed.
- Look for the red X - the top right-hand side of your browser window
- Click this and choose always allow
- Click Done
- Refresh the page using F5
- Then preview the section again.
Pop-up blockers display differently in different browsers. The instructions above are for Google Chrome. If you are using Internet Explorer (blue E icon), or Firefox, or Safari, do a google search to make sure you recognise the pop-up blocker when it displays.
Webshots - Supplementary Information for CMS Moderators
The ongoing webshot learning series covers a wide variety of topics that are of use to CMS moderators. Each session is recorded, past webshots can be viewed online.