Photography and Film
Explore this page
If you need new imagery for your course, service or for an event, you can contact our in house photographer. We are working on a panel of approved external photographers, and will update this section when the panel has been approved.
If you arrange a photo shoot yourself, please ensure that your models sign the UCC Photographic Release Form 2014
General Stock Imagery
The internet is full of searchable image content, and we are aware that it can be tempting to use such resources. However, it is important to note that all images found via a basic Google image search are subject to copyright.
This copyright primer will help you to understand what you can and cannot do with images that you find online.
If you are in any doubt as to whether or not you have the right to use an image: do not use it. Contact email@example.com instead to query if we already have existing images that will be fit for purpose.
Other sources of images that you could consider, taking the copyright primer information into account:
- https://istock.com (paid images)
- 21 Awesome and Free Stock Photo Sites for Social Media (via Hootsuite)
- Stock images that don't suck
- Burst https://burst.shopify.com/
- Death to the Stock Photo http://join.deathtothestockphoto.com/
- New Old Stock http://nos.twnsnd.co/
- Superfamous (requires attribution) http://superfamous.com/
- Picjumbo http://picjumbo.com/
- The Pattern Library http://thepatternlibrary.com/
- Gratisography http://www.gratisography.com/
- Getrefe http://getrefe.tumblr.com/
- IM Free (requires attribution) http://imcreator.com/free
- Jay Mantri http://jaymantri.com/
- Women of color in tech https://www.flickr.com/photos/wocintechchat/
- Public Domain Archive http://publicdomainarchive.com/
- Magdeleine http://magdeleine.co/
- Foodiesfeed http://foodiesfeed.com
- Picography http://picography.co/
- Raumrot http://www.raumrot.com/10/
- ISO Republic http://isorepublic.com/
Create a film
Whether you are looking to produce film content yourself or whether you wish to commission our film-makers to create film content for you, such films must be produced according to our Film Guidelines.
You can then request film production services from our Audio Visual Media Services (AVMS) team.
Films will generally require a lead in time of six weeks from the initial meeting. You will also need to have participants in your film sign a release form. Download the UCC Film Recording Authorisation Form and print it off to have with you on the day of shooting.
UCC's YouTube Channel
Some of our recent film material is on our YouTube channel.
If you have film content that complies with our Film Guidelines and would like to see it on our YouTube channel, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. As the second largest search engine in the world, YouTube is a great platform to promote your film content.
Other AVMS Services
Photography and film are part of a broad range of services offered by UCC's Audio Visual Media Services team (AVMS), including
- equipment hire
- conference and event support media production services
- live streaming services
- lecture capture (Panopto recording)
- graphic design
- printing services
The AVMS team is focused on the teaching and learning mission of the university. Most of the services that directly support teaching and learning are free of charge. AVMS also offer a number of chargeable services. Details of these services, and the associated costs are available on the AVMS webpages.