CT6200 Communication and Hearing in Paediatric and Adult Populations : Due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 virus, this course will therefore not take place in May 2020.
48hr(s) Lectures (Seminars/Workshops/Problem-based learning Tutorials/E-learning); Other (Self-directed Fieldwork and Learning).
É900.00 Credit Bearing CT6200 : É100.00 Non Credit Bearing CPD1707 See Fees and Costs for full details.
See Requirements for full details.
5th May 2020 TBC
UCC. Rooms to be confirmed closer to the date.
Week 42: May 21-23 2020
Module Objective: To integrate perspectives affecting hearing-related communication abilities in children and adults, to related disciplines in health and education, using evidence based research and best practice guidelines.
Module Content: Hearing across the lifespan, in the context of development and adaptation within the following domains: communication, cognition, emotional and social skills.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Determine the stages of communicative, socio-emotional and cognitive development in children with and without hearing loss
- Evaluate from current research findings how a hearing loss can influence development in the areas of spoken language and literacy
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of evidence-based assessments used to evaluate the languages of D/deaf children, including bilingual deaf children
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the cognitive, social and educational challenges for children with and without hearing loss
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the effects of late-onset or acquired hearing loss on communication in children and adults.
As per Entry Requirements for MSc HBC CKX27 Part-time
Fees and Costs
Fees: É900.00 Credit Bearing CT6200
There is also a €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
Due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 virus, this course will therefore not take place in May 2020.
- Download and complete the application form at the link below
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo)
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to email@example.com
CPD Co-Ordinator, CPD Centre,
An tIonad um Fhorbairt Ghairmiúil Leanúnaigh,
Q+1 floor, The Boole Library, Main Quad, U.C.C.
Application Form: CT6200
CT6200 Communication and Hearing in Paediatric and Adult Populations (10 credits) 2019/2020
Applications for this module are now open.
This module can also be taken as a non-credit bearing module; Please access the following link for details to CPD 1707 https://www.ucc.ie/en/cpd/options/medhealth/clinicaltherapies/cpd1707/