Communication and Hearing in Paediatric and Adult Populations CT6200
48hr(s) Lectures (Seminars/Workshops/Problem-based learning Tutorials/E-learning); Other (Self-directed Fieldwork and Learning). 20/05/21 -22/05/21
• Non-EU fee of €2,050 10 credit module. • EU fee of €900 10 credit module. See Fees and Costs for full details.
As per Entry Requirements for MSc HBC CKX27 Part-time See Requirements for full details.
20th May 2021
Module Objective: To integrate perspectives affecting hearing-related communication abilities in children and adults, to related disciplines in health and education, using evidence based research and best practice guidelines.
Module Content: Hearing across the lifespan, in the context of development and adaptation within the following domains: communication, cognition, emotional and social skills.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Determine the stages of communicative, socio-emotional and cognitive development in children with and without hearing loss
- Evaluate from current research findings how a hearing loss can influence development in the areas of spoken language and literacy
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of evidence-based assessments used to evaluate the languages of D/deaf children, including bilingual deaf children
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the cognitive, social and educational challenges for children with and without hearing loss
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the effects of late-onset or acquired hearing loss on communication in children and adults.
As per Entry Requirements for MSc HBC CKX27 Part-time
Fees and Costs
• Non-EU fee of €2,050 for this 10 credit module.
• EU fee of €900 for a this 10 credit module.
There is also a €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
- Download and complete the application form at the link below
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo)
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to email@example.com
CT6200 Communication and Hearing in Paediatric and Adult Populations (10 credits) for commencement on this module 20th May 2021.
CPD Co-Ordinator, CPD Centre,
An tIonad um Fhorbairt Ghairmiúil Leanúnaigh,
Q+1 floor, The Boole Library, Main Quad, U.C.C.