|Duration||6 Weeks Program (online & in person)|
|Fees||€300 If in receipt of a Social Welfare Payment contact organizers for discount code. See Fees and Costs for full details.|
|Closing Date||Now Open for Applications|
Week 6 - To Be Confirmed
|Start Date||1st June 2022 to 6th July 6pm-8pm|
This module is a six week online module, with the last session (session 6) in person. The module uses creative, participatory and convivial teaching and learning practices in order to:
- Critically reflect on women's lived experiences of involvement in the criminal justice system, through first person accounts documented in Open Clasp’s production SUGAR (‘An unflinching filmed drama about society’s failings powered by gripping performances from an all-female cast’);
- Discuss the social, legal, penal and justice frameworks and contexts to women’s stories, women’s lives’.
- Discuss the intersecting oppressions, challenges, barriers and possibilities to accessing justice for women.
- The final 2 hour session will be workshop based and in person at UCC and will include 'mapping the future' by asking 'what can be done about justice for women?'
- Autobiographical Accounts: Annie’s Story and overview of the module
- Sociological and criminological understandings of justice/welfare involved women and coercive control. Law, Penal and Criminal Justice systems in Ireland and the UK.
- Autobiographical Accounts: Julie’s Story. Biographies of People and Place: sex, drugs and crime.
- Autobiographical Accounts: Tracy’s Story – Housing, homelessness and trauma
- Understanding women’s lives - key emerging themes and intersecting social issues.
- Pathways to Justice – what can we do? Bridging theory, experience and practice (in person at UCC). For example, connecting theory, experience and practice in relation to policing, social work, probation, housing agencies, HSE.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
2 Hours x six weeks
Teaching wil be online & in person
Begins 1st June 2022 - 6th July 2022
Runs from 6pm - 8pm weekly
Fees and Costs
How To Apply
Applications made via Open UCC
Click on link below:Apply Now