Training For Social Work Supervisors
Cert of Attendance
Early Bird Fee: €400.00 for applications made between 22nd January to 29th February 2020 €450.00 Fee: for applications made between 1st March to 30th March 2020 See Fees and Costs for full details.
Qualified Social Workers See Requirements for full details.
Venue will be confirmed on registration - it will be within the vicinity of Main Campus.
Postponed to May 2021
~Update April 2020~ Due to current circumstances this course is now postponed to 2021
The overall aim of this workshop is to equip supervisors with the knowledge and skill to supervise students/staff effectively. It is targeted at supervisors who have responsibility for students/staff working with service users within the education/social /health care context.
This five-day programme will equip supervisors with knowledge and skill to supervise front line practitioners effectively. It is designed to comply fully with the standards set by Tusla and the HSE.
In between workshops, learners will receive instructions for three assignments. These assignments include taking a supervision history, completing a learning style questionnaire and recording a ‘live’ supervision session.
This course will enable you to understand the:
- Definitions, principles, purposes and models of supervision
- Impact of supervision on outcomes
- Perspectives of the differing stakeholders
It will also provide you with with an opportunity to:
- Develop skills to engage the supervisee and establish an effective supervision contract
- Appreciate what we bring to supervision
- Review and develop supervisory skills and negotiate boundaries
- Understand and to be able to address the impact of anxiety on supervision and decision making
- Explore supervision standards including ethics, duty of care and competences for different disciplines
- Apply positive psychology frameworks to develop key leadership skills which promote resilience and wellbeing
- Explore the nature of power and authority, conflict resolution and develop mediation skills
- Enable you to review and evaluate supervision and record your current levels of competence and set goals to improve your supervisory practice
The course will be presented by Teresa Crawford, (B.Soc.Sc., C.Q.S.W., Masters in Applied Social Studies and M.Sc. in Work and Organisational Psychology).
This course is pending approval by the IASW.
The structure involves a commitment from 10:30am to 4:00pm on the
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12, 13, 14 May 2020
Wednesday, Thursday 10th & 11th June 2020
This CPD Offering is aimed at: Senior Social Workers, Principal Social Workers, Team Leaders or social workers hoping to progress their career by applying for more senior posts.
Fees and Costs
Refreshments will be provided on arrival each day
How Do I Apply
Applications are currently closed.
This course has been postponed until 2021