Higher Diploma in Applied Computing
**Timetables are subject to change. Please be sure to check your timetable regularly.**
Notes on Teaching and Learning for the 2021/2022 Academic Year
- **Please note that several modules for the HDip begin in Week 3. As such, we have put on a number of optionals seminars that you can attend in their place. These can be seen in the Week 1 & 2 Timetable above
- The 2021-2022 start date for most taught postgraduate programmes and second, third and fourth year undergraduate students is the 13 September 2021.
- Face to face teaching will be permitted with teaching spaces operating at 80% of the normal (pre-covid) room capacity. An overall cap of 200 attendees (including the lecturer) will be applied in large lecture theatres.
- In the case that the class exceeds the capacity of the room, then the students taking the module will be broken up into two groups. One group will attend face to face while the other watches online on one day and they will switch on the next.
- Students will wear face coverings during lectures. Please adhere to this requirement and any other infection control measures in place of which you are informed.
- Lecture durations will be reduced to ensure sufficient time for a changeover between lectures (e.g. in a traditional 1 hour slot; lectures will start 5 minutes after the hour, allow for 45 minutes of teaching time and then 10 minutes at the end for students to vacate prior to the arrival of the next class). To avoid congestion during lecture changeovers, students are asked not to take their seating prior to the designated hour slot.
- Students are required to wear face coverings at all times while indoors on campus.
- Laboratories can operate at 80% capacity with the use of face coverings and other appropriate control measures.
- Information for International Students can be found here.
Academic Contact Information
|Dr Marc van Dongen||Programme Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||353 21 420 5903|