T&L Development for Staff and Students
Continuing Professional Development in Teaching & Learning
On‐going innovation is important in ensuring that the learning and teaching in universities is high quality, up‐to‐date, relevant, and delivered in a variety of suitable ways. Under the Universities Act 1997 each university is responsible for the quality of its own teaching. By the end of this academic year 70% of UCC staff who teach will hold a qualification in teaching and learning, a figure that sets the benchmark for other universities across Ireland.
CIRTL offers the following part-time certified programmes which are designed to give teaching staff, and postgraduate students who teach, an opportunity to develop their teaching. These programmes provide opportunities for participants to take a scholarly approach to their teaching in support of student learning, and to avail of opportunities to present at conferences, write research papers and apply for grants.
Accredited programmes for staff and students
- Staff: Online Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (30 Credits) (click here for details)
- Staff: Online Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (30 Credits) (click here for details)
- Staff: Masters Degree in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (60 Credits) (click here for details)
- Students: Postgraduate Modules in Teaching & Learning (5 Credits each) (click here for details)
CIRTL also offers non-accredited CPD through a range of one-off events and workshops. The CIRTL seminar series is run in semesters 1 and 2, and addressess a range of themes relevant to the enhancement of Teaching and Learning.
Non-accredited Continuing Professional Development in Teaching and Learning
- CIRTL seminar series (click here for details)