Community Engaged Learning - Educators Toolkit
Community Engaged Learning (CEL) and teaching are academic approaches delivered within the curriculum that engage and accredit students for working in partnership with civic and civil society organisations (CSOs) and acting on societal challenges. This educators toolkit encourages you to be inspired and get engaged - providing resources to support you to embed engaged practices in your own teaching and learning.
You can find resources to support your proffesional practice, from getting familiar with the basic principals through to deepening your community partnerships. Within the toolkit, resources include:
- moments to reflect - to inform your reflective practice
- CEL activities - to use in the classroom,
- signposts - to important policy, further reading or opportunities to support your own professional development,
- inspiration - stories of CEL in action from the wider community of practice.
- practice insights - bite-size practical tips, highlighting common pitfalls, challenges and what works well.